Monday, April 4, 2011

Farewell, sweet car and Day 7 of 30 Days


It's official. The first car I ever owned is gone. Sold. Never coming back. I have some amazing memories with that car. I remember the first time I saw it. I was in high school, and had just gotten my driver's license and my sister was getting hers soon and the family needed another car. I was driving home from school and saw this gorgeous forest green S10 blazer out in front the house of one of my dad's friends. As soon as I got home I told my dad that I wanted that car and no other car.

"Let's look around anyway" and so we did. We went to the local dealerships and looked at "little" cars, of which I despised and vowed to never own. Unsuccessful, my dad called up his friend and asked if he could test drive the car for a couple of days. We did, and I LOVED it! But, it was too expensive.

Disappointed, I forgot about the car and went about my daily life still driving the junker 1973 Ford Courier (traumatic experience). Then one morning I came home from a friend's house and saw the green blazer out front. "Why is the blazer out front?" I asked my dad. SURPRISE! Proud new owners of a green chevy blazer. That was one day to remember!

I will fondly remember all of the road trips and driving around town with my friends that I did in that car. Snow trips, lake trips, city trips. That car did it all. I remember after one Tahoe trip my dad drove my car and found a couple of beer cans rolling around the back. Boy did I get an earful about that :)

Of all the years I owned and drove that car, never once was I pulled over for speeding, of which I did frequently until I got rear ended by a dumb teenager texting on her phone. Then I became known as the grandma driver. I did get pulled over once for not using my blinker when turning in a turn lane. But didn't get a ticket. I think the police officer thought I had been drinking and was trying to nab for a dui...for the record, I wasn't drinking, I was hurrying home to play WoW, Wrath of the Lich King after getting my copy at the midnight release.

So now that I've sold my car, I can now give my parents that money and in return I get a BMW. Yes a "little" car of which I once said I would never own. Let's face it, small cars get great gas mileage and foreign cars last longer than American cars. Plus, sports cars go faster and are really fun to drive :)

Day 7 - A picture that makes you cry

Today is such a fitting day for this. Exactly 1 month ago today my grandmother passed away. She was such a big part of my life and part of why I am who I am today. Without her I would not be as loved, happy, or successful as I am. I will miss her dearly for the rest of my life.

1 comment:

  1. Following from the Mommy Chronicles blog hop - hope you'll come by and say hello! TheCaffeineCoquette.com

    ReplyDelete