Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Lunchables - Am I Too Old?

I'm a 24 year old girl and I have a confession...I love lunchables. My favorite is the pepperoni pizza lunchable with the air head candy as a dessert. Whenever they go on sale at the grocery store I buy more than is necessary and some how manage to eat them in a shorter period of time than I had anticipated. Not because it's such a small amount of food but because I love them so much I just want to eat them forever (not literally, just emphasizing how much I really love lunchables).

Whenever I buy the lunchables I always wonder whether people who see them in my cart think that I have children (I don't) and that's why I buy them or if they secretly have a love for them and know that's it's my heroin. Am I too old to be buying lunchables? Should I be embarrassed to be seen buying them when I have no children that will eat them? Is it like the McDonald's kid's meal where there is technically an age limit but still older teens and young adults still get it? 

 The concept behind the lunchable is to have a quick, semi nutritious lunch that takes 0 time to prepare, are the right serving size and are a children's meal. But all of those reasons are precisely why I love them (minus the children's meal part). I don't have to make anything the night before or the morning before I leave for work, it's a lot more nutritious than going out and getting Taco Bell (cheaper too), and they really do taste pretty darn good. It's just enough food for me to get through my workday without getting hungry and I never feel overly full (which is a good thing!).

Jeremy and I are trying to not eat out very often (saving for a house) and making sure we pack our lunches and while lunchables aren't exactly as cheap as making a sandwich, they are still cheaper than eating out when they are on sale, that is. There are so many different variations that are available, too and all of them are good, except the turkey in the turkey and cheese lunchable is questionable on occasion.

I'm pretty sure that I could make my own "lunchable" and it would be cheaper than buying them but it just wouldn't be the same. It definitely feels like a treat to have them because they aren't often on sale where we shop. It's sort of like a mini meal out, if that makes sense. I don't know if I will ever grow out of liking and eating lunchables and if I ever have kids I sure hope they don't like the lunchables because it really wouldn't be fun to "accidentally" eat my child's lunch :) 

15 comments:

  1. Now following from the Tuesday Blog Hop! Hope you will follow back at http://blogbedandy.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nope, not too old... I love 'em too. I have kids though so nobody will know that all the lunchables in the buggy aren't just for them. :)

    I'm a new follower from the Tuesday Train. Have a gook week!
    http://www.sueberrylane.info

    ReplyDelete
  3. I say, you are as young as you feel anyway, and eat whatever makes you happy! Visiting and now following via Totally Tuesday Blog Hop...hop on over to my blog and follow back if you like it! http://mom4realky.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are so right Mom4Real! I am heading over to all of your blogs now and returning the favor <3

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Sara!
    Thanks for hopping by and leaving your sweet comment!
    Have a great week and enjoy your lunchables!
    nancy
    Style 'n Decor Deals

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for visiting TC30....please return when you the chance!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have four kids. I've bought a million dollars worth of Lunchables and maybe I've bought an extra for me.

    Following you back. Thanks for stopping by my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hello I am your newest follower from the Where are You Wednesday blog hop. NO you are not to old for lunchables... I'm from Minnesota.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Cute Blog! I loved it so much I decided to follow! Happy Wednesday! I would love for you to stop by and check out my blog as well! If you like it you can follow back! Thanks! Hope to blog with you again soon!

    http://heavenlysavings.net

    ReplyDelete
  10. You now have a new follower, Can you please Follow back?
    http://christy1986p.blogspot.com/

    Tweet with me on Twitter to.
    http://twitter.com/#!/CHRISTY1986P

    Become a fan on my Christina's voice Fan page.
    http://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/Christinas-Voice/133218916750446

    Thanks have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Too funny! Is it weird that I've never tried Lunchables before? I feel like I'm definitely missing out.

    Just wanted to let you know that Let's Talk About Me is going to be one of the featured blogs tonight for Friendly Friday! I can send you the html for the I've Been Featured button if you'd like, just let me know. Otherwise, thanks so much for joining us!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I think any age can eat Lunchables, even an 80 year old. :) So glad we can feature you on Friendly Friday this week!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh my gosh I am so excited to be featured!!! Thank you <3<3<3

    ReplyDelete
  14. I'm almost 20 and I looooooove them!!!!!!!! Had a sale at target 5 for 5 dollars. I got 20......yesterday........I have 2 left.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi Sara,

    I love lunchables as well but as a snack. I can't imagine them as a meal substitute. I love your blog, you should buy a real domain for it like .com instead of .blogspot.com so more people can find it. I'm a finance guy, so mine is www.growyourcash.com, I'm sure you can come up with a great name.

    Have a great day=)

    ReplyDelete