Wednesday, July 13, 2011

It's Official I Have a New Job!!

It is official! I have a new job and I start on Monday next week! I can announce it now because I have gotten the official offer letter and have also giving my current job my two weeks notice. Long story short, I got an interview for a part time job that I was planning on adding to my current job. My dad knew someone at the company and called to ask if I could use him as a reference for my interview and he said they had a full time marketing/admin position opening up in their division and to have me contact him. So I did, and interviewed with him (I had no idea it was going to be an interview and I was totally unprepared) and I did well despite not being prepared and I was hired!

There are so many things going through my head right now. I am excited, nervous, sad, happy, and ready.

I am excited because I will have a full time job that pays very well and I needed that. Since the fees for school have gone up and still paying off student loans, plus rent and other bills, I have been struggling to keep up with it all so this new job will definitely relieve some of the financial stress that I’ve been experiencing. I'll finally be able to pay off my credit card in full each month, I'll be able to save a buttload for retirement and so that I can take fun vacations (like Blizzcon and Disneyland) and I'll be able to throw the lavish parties I've always wanted to have 

I’m nervous because what if I’m not what the new company is actually looking for and after working there for a month or so they decide they don’t want me anymore!? I’m my own worst critic and I want to be perfect at every job but every employer is different and is a different atmosphere so I’m nervous that I won’t fit in or won’t be as happy there as I am at my current job. I'm nervous that I won't be good enough. I have the training and skills to do that job but I still worry that I won't be as good as I could be or as good as they think I am.

I am very sad to be leaving my current job. I’ve worked at the company for 5 years, 2 in the current office and 3 in a different office. All 5 years have been wonderful and I couldn’t have asked for a better company to work for. Unfortunately the company got hit pretty hard by the crap economy and just hasn’t recovered enough for me to work a full 40 hours and that’s part of why I’ve been struggling financially. Most everyone I’ve worked with at my current company has been so fun to work with and I will definitely miss them. So I'm sad to be leaving friends and to be leaving a great company. 

I’m happy to be taking the next steps towards a marketing career. The new company is a global company and this could be the beginning of a long career in the marketing department. I love marketing and want to be the best I can be and at a company with 48,000 employees I can really learn a lot more than I can at a company with 65 employees. As grateful as I am for having had my current job and learning so much, I feel as though I need to make a change and learn even more with a larger company. It's sort of like how I knew that living in Chico would be fun but it was too small for me so I moved to Sacramento. And eventually I want to make the move from Sac to San Francisco. I have big dreams and with a smaller company it's more difficult to achieve those dreams of a successful marketing career.

This leads me to the ready part. I am ready to work 40 hour weeks, 50 hour weeks, even more than that. I am ready to dive head first into marketing and making this change will push me to complete my degree as quickly as possible. With the prospect of moving up the ranks in a larger company looming, I can’t afford to sit on my butt and take one class a semester or two. No, I need to take a full load of online courses and work my butt off to get my degree. And I’m ready to do that. I’m not playing video games every day anymore (I only play if I have nothing important to do) and I’m ready to spend my nights and weekends doing homework or work. I'm ready to be an adult. With some play time of course J

As much as I will miss my current company, I know all of the emails of the people I would like to keep in contact with and they are a short email or phone call away. I can’t express enough how appreciative I am of the last 5 years and will always think highly of this company. But it’s time for me to take the next step in expanding my career. 

I will still be blogging all the time don’t worry J

15 comments:

  1. Yay!!!! I am so happy for you! I hope you love it! Keep us posted! Visiting and following via Welcome Wednesday hop...hop over to my blog and follow back if you like... http://mom4realky.blogspot.com

    Jessica K

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on your new job! I am your newest follower via Welcome Wednesday and will be joining your link party as well!
    http://soxys-diamond.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations! I love to hear about surprise opportunities! I am sure that you are going to do very well at the new job and the fact that you will gain some financial relief is a great bonus! Best of luck to you and I look forward to reading your adventures!

    New follower from Wired Wednesday.

    Stacey @ www.justsayitoldyouso.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations and the best of luck on the new job! Change is always scary but we all need it to grow and discover more about ourselves. I can't even imagine how it would be like once I return to paid employment after being away for so long now. The thought terrifies me. You are brave for doing this. Starting a new job always takes courage. Savor it, take pride in it and let that pride carry you through tough days :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations and good luck in your new job!You sound excited and motivated! I'm sure it will be a great success!!

    Thanks for linking to the Creating Success Worldwide blog hop!! Hope you'll come back again next week!
    Jill @ Creating my way to Success
    http://www.jembellish.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. It is so exciting to start a new job. This is a new chapter in your life so enjoy it to the max. Give your best always and be grateful for this opportunity. Make sure that before you plan those wonderful vacations, you get out of debt and have savings. What a blessing for you!

    I'm a new follower from the blog hop. You can visit me at http://sweetvintagelady.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratulations on your new job!! I hope it is everything you hope it will be!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you all for your kind comments! I am very excited :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congrats on the new job! Good luck!

    Alexa Drop Hopping in to say hello - and now follow via GFC.

    Melissa AKA Froggy
    http://darwinsfrg.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. (following you gfc now!)
    Hey! Ifound you on A Helicopter Moms Alexa hop! It has lowered my Alexa score greatly by people hopping back to mine! So I am sharing the comment love! Won't you share some back with me?
    Thanks!
    Casey
    Locomotion of Expressions
    PS _ I also have a ton of great low entry giveaways for all sorts of things if you dig through my archives on the right sidebar AS WELL AS a linky you can add your giveaways to http://1caseycolette.blogspot.com/2011/06/wicked-wednesday-gathering-linky.html there is a grab button code for it, if you have a linky compilation list! TY so much! Hope to run into you again in this great big BlogOSphere in the near future! Have an awesome day!~

    ReplyDelete
  11. congratulations!!! crazy how sometimes a job falls into your lap! I'm sure you will be just what they're looking for!

    stopping by from the "alexa drop hop"
    http://www.bragallaboutit.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. Congratulations!!
    stopped by from the Alexa Drop hop!
    Shelly
    Shelly's Bits & Pieces
    http://sweepnsave.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. Congrats on the new job!
    Following you through GFC. Found your blog on the Thankful for Friends Thursday hop at Money Savvy Michelle's Blog.

    ReplyDelete
  14. That's awesome! My fiance just got a job after 2 years of looking, and i also got one this week after 7 months!

    Stopping by with my toolbar on from the Alexa Drop Hop! Would love a visit back :)

    Kristen from http://wishfulthinking247.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  15. Networking baby! It does pay to know someone.

    ReplyDelete