Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Day 1 - Bay to Breakers 2012 Training

My new year's resolution is to run Bay to Breakers 2012. I don't just mean complete it, I mean run the entire way without walking. It is a 12k run, or about 7.5 miles, in San Francisco and people go all out for this event. Some people run it nude (not me) and some dress up in wild costumes and there are even floats! I plan on dressing up in something but nothing too wild, I want to be comfortable running and something outrageous might not be comfy enough. I might just make a tshirt that says " I play WoW, Can you Catch Me?" or something catchy that relates to my gaming (ideas are welcome here!).

I have never trained for a marathon before so this is going to be a new experience. After this morning, I'm a little bit shocked at just how little running I could actually do. I ran and walked for a total of 3 miles and ran for short bursts of about a quarter mile each because I really couldn't run any longer than that. I didn't think I was that out of shape since I've been doing my P90X2 videos and have been feeling pretty strong during those. So I'm a bit disheartened but hey, I have to start somewhere right?! Tomorrow is a new day and hopefully one where I can run for half a mile without getting too winded :-)

In other news, I have some new scarves up on Etsy and am still looking for my first sale! I will be posting a scarf and beanie package later this week once it is all finished so go check it all out <3 Here is the link SaraMarie Creations

And enjoy a few more Bay to Breaker photos that I grabbed off of Google!



1 comment:

  1. new blog follower from the chubby cheeks thinks blog hop, would love for you to follow me back
    thischattanoogamommysaves.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete