Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Engagement Party

This past weekend was my engagement party, and boy was it fun! My fiancee's family flew out from Texas and my sister flew in from Portland, as well as our bridal party and my family who drove in. I wanted to share the flowers and vases that we did as decorations along with the "Meet the Maids" and "Meet the Men" tables.

First, I went to Michael's and got some plan picture frames that were on sale for a buck a piece. I then got the first letter of each name of the ladies and gents in our bridal party. I painted it all myself using martha stewart paint and I think they turned out great! I then had each lady and guy send me a picture that I printed out and put in the frame. I did a separate meet the maids table that had fabric swatches and a whole packet of information which you can find in my post here.




Next, I went back to Michael's during their vase sale and got 8 vases. 4 of them are the ones you see that have the lemon slices in them, and 4 of them are smaller and fit inside that hold the flowers, because putting flowers in lemon water is not a good idea :)


I had some help slicing up the lemons, and they ended up being about a quarter inch thick or less for each slice. I cut each flower off of the bunch so that they were easier to position so the vases looked fuller. I did find this idea in pinterest :)


12 comments:

  1. What great ideas! I love those vases! The purple and yellow look gorgeous together. I have been wanting to do something I this myself. Congrats to you and your soon to be husband! : )

    Newest follower from welcome Wednesday. Hope you will stop by and follow back. I also have a giveaway that ends soon. If interested take a look and enter.

    Julie from Stlavonlady – Scatterbrained In St. Louis

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a really clever idea----I love the look of the lemons in the vases!!! Pinterest always has the coolest things! New GFC follower from the hop. Would love it if you could visit my humorous blog site and follow back--I'd be super grateful if you could. thanks for sharing! http://Menopausalmother.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Suce a cute idea using their initial. Love how the vases look!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi! I'm a new follower from the blog hop! Come visit me whenever you get a chance! :)

    LOVE the lemons in the vase!

    ♥ Shar
    http://sharmartinez.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. SO CUTE! Love the flower arrangement! Thank you so, so much for stopping by my blog and for following me. You are a dear! Absolutely get some mustaches for your wedding photo booth!!!! That would be HILARIOUS. Looking forward to reading more from you as your newest GFC follower! XOXO!

    ReplyDelete
  6. congrats! love the photos :) im following u from the followerstofriends blog hop. im at www.makemeupmandy.blogspot.com :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. What neat ideas. Thanks for sharing! Congrats by the way! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sounds like you had a fun party and it sure was beautiful:) Thanks for linking up-
    xxx
    Kim

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congratulations!! LOVE the lemon slices, pinning that =)

    Thanks for linking up with the GtKY hop!

    ReplyDelete
  10. How awesome that so many people came in! I love the lemons too, and congrats on the engagement.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi, Great post. I found you through the blog hop. Now following you.Please stop by and say hi when you get a chance.
    Be sure and check out my new Blog Hop that we just started, It's Weekly Goals Link Up. It's a great way to stay on track. Have a great day. :) Here's the link in case you want to check it out. Thanks again.http://lenettacarnes.blogspot.com/2013/01/weekly-goals-linkup-html

    ReplyDelete
  12. VERY CUTE IDEAS! I love the lemons in the vases! Very cute!!!!

    Stopping by and following from the Hump Day hop!

    Deandra
    http://www.chaos-commotion-emotion.com

    ReplyDelete