Saturday, September 15, 2012

How To Coordinate Bridesmaid Dresses

All of my bridesmaids are the best women I could ask for, but unfortunately they are all located in different states! This makes shopping for dresses very difficult. I decided that I don't necessarily want each one of them to wear the exact same dress not only because it is hard to coordinate that with the distance, but each one of the ladies have their own personalities and body shapes so I'm sure they each would prefer different styles. So how do I get each one to have the same fabric/color/length/etc?
 
I created these simple handout packages that have fabric swatches with the color and length on them along with a few styles of dresses that I really like and think would look great on the ladies. I also put that the color can vary within 3 shades since finding the EXACT match is nearly impossible, unless you buy a dress from the store that the fabric swatch came from (which I included that information as well). The bridal boutique that I bought my dress at offers a 15% discount on bridesmaid dresses so naturally I put that information onto one of the handouts as well. The boutique offers shipping so my ladies can order their dress at a discount and have it shipped directly to them. I did this when I was a bridesmaid and would have worked out except that bridal boutique (different than mine) scammed me and didn't actually ship the dress. Luckily the bride picked it up for me, which is also a possibility for my wedding.
 
I also included a printout of the contact information for all of the bridal party and the parents of the bride and groom and a separate handout for our wedding website and registry information. These will only go to the bridal party and the parents of the bride and groom.
 
I started with our wedding colors and painted some clothes pins in the orange that we are using. Then I sparkled them up and tied some turquoise twine to them. I know my bows can use some help :)
 
 
 
 
 
 Then I created the handouts and attached the color swatches to them.
 
 
 
 
Put them all together and use the clothes pin to hold all the different handouts together and voila!
 
The result is a simple package for each bridesmaid that is cute and matches the theme of the wedding. Easy way to coordinate with the distance.

6 comments:

  1. Thanks so much for linking today on the GFC Hop! It's great to have you participating. I love seeing everyone who links up.

    Oh, I know you're busy, so just remember to follow your hosts via GFC :)

    And let me know so I can follow back, and if you already follow them call me stupid and tell me to follow back with a comment ;)

    Thanks so much!

    Sincerely,
    Joanna
    www.ModaMamaBlog.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm a new follower from the blog hop! These are too cute!

    xo

    MacKensie
    http://mackensieg.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stopping over from the networking blog hop!
    I´m your new follower via GFC!
    Check out my blog sometime and follow back if you like!
    http://wesens-art.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a cute idea! That would make things so much easier!


    I'm your newest follower from the GFC blog hop
    followme@ www.studentswife.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great idea!
    New follower from Thee Networking Blog Hop. Love for you to stop by and return the follow when you can. I am hosting Mom's Monday Mingle later tonight. Love for you to network with some other mom blogs ;)

    www.thenaptimereview.com
    Julie @ Naptime Review

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi, Nice post thanks for sharing. Would you please consider adding a link to my website on your page. Please email me back.

    Thanks!

    Randy
    randydavis387@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete