Monday, January 28, 2013

Lacy/Cable Knit Cowl

As promised in my headband pattern post I would be showing off my latest cowl!

I used Red Heart Boutique Treasure yarn from Michael's (yarn sale woot!). Knitting it didn't really take me as long as I thought it would. I started it Saturday afternoon and had it all finished that evening about 10pm, so I'd say about 8 or 9 hours total of knitting while watching Rock of Ages over and over and over again. My new favorite movie, Jeremy hates it!

It's very soft and warm. The colors knit up very nicely too. I was a little bit skeptical when I saw it in the skein but once I got about halfway through knitting the cowl I could see how the colors worked together and looked very nice! I might modify the pattern a little bit to make the lacey part look a bit different. I like it the way it is but I think I would like it better with a different stitch. Only way to know is to try it out!


I have it listed in my Etsy Shop Here if you are interested!


8 comments:

  1. What a great job on your knit cowl. love the colors! what a great talent/skill to have. i wish i could knit. found you on Thirsty for comments blog hop! my blog: http://myeloquentrambles.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Following from the Thirsty for Comments Thursday at Acting Balanced.

    I agree, the colors work very well together. I remember wearing cowl-neck sweaters in jr high school. I guess they have come around again. :O)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's so beautiful! I keep wanting to re-learn how to knit and crochet. This looks like it shouldn't be too difficult to get me back into knitting either. Thanks so much for sharing it!

    I've come over from Thirsty for Comments Thursday.

    ReplyDelete
  4. My daughter may like that. Thank you for hooking up with Thirsty for Thursday. Sorry for it taking a couple of days to get around to comment. It was a crazy week.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very nice! My mom has just gotten back into knitting - I never learned... but I crochet up a storm...

    ReplyDelete
  6. i love it! i always get so sleepy when i wear something cozy like those! an excellent thing ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I want one, so cute! Thanks for sharing it in on Fluster's Creative Muster Party. I can't wait to see what you link up next week.

    Hugs and Smiles,

    Robin
    Fluster Buster

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you all for stopping by and for your lovely comments! I wish I could crochet, but it's been so hard to learn after knitting for so long! Maybe I'll try to learn it again...if I ever get tired of knitting ha!

    ReplyDelete