Monday, February 4, 2013

Hot Pink Knit Cowl

This week I've finished a cowl similar to the multi-colored one I posted about here. I modified the pattern a bit like I mentioned before by not using any purl stitches. I actually like it a lot better! The purl stitches did give the other cowl a nice texture and look, but the knit stitches make it look very clean. I love it! The color is also awesome. Can never go wrong with hot pink in my opinion :)

It is getting more difficult to knit things as quickly as I would like since school is back in session. I work 40 hours a week, then go to class at night until 9 or 9:20 for 3 of the nights in the week. The other two nights I'm doing homework or working out, or both!! My weekends are spent frantically trying to get the laundry and housework done, plus getting my homework finished and studying, and in the case of this past weekend, working! The working part doesn't happen very often, so that's no big thing. I did miss out on the farmer's market again this weekend though. Next weekend I will definitely be jogging over and hopefully getting some great, organic, fruits and veggies. Come to think of it, I should blog about it!

Anywho, here is my latest cowl (which you can find in my Etsy store)!




21 comments:

  1. That looks lovely!

    New follower through the blog hop!

    http://roomsofreviews.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Replies
    1. Thank you so much! I love this color soooo much. When I saw the yarn I could not pass it up. Didn't have a plan for it and it's been sitting around for months. I'm happy with how it turned out once I found this pattern though!

      Delete
  3. looks fabulous. what a great talent you have! found you on thirsty for comments! my blog: http://myeloquentrambles.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. How pretty that is! And I love hot pink-it brings out the color in my cheeks and makes my face glow.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for sharing, I love hot pink, but living with a family of boys, everyone around here would rather I wear a different color:(

    Bobbie Anne

    ReplyDelete
  6. How beautiful! I think pink is a great color, one that every gal should have a little bit of, hanging in the closet. Heck, even my husband has a couple of pink shirts. Really, though- the cowl is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think I like the modified one better. Both are lovely. Finding time to do something you love often becomes a challenge. Always try to carve out just a few minutes each day for yourself. You will be amazed what you can get done with 15 minutes of work on a project.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've given up on knitting until the puppies have all found their forever homes. *LOL* Your cowls remind me of a scarf my mother knitted for me that could wrap completely around my neck twice and the ends would still go down to my waist. Excellent for cold and windy days!

    ReplyDelete
  9. That's so pretty...love the color. I've never learned how to knit....but I do have an addiction to crochet!!! Visiting from Acting Balanced!!! HOPE you have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  10. thats lovely, i so wish i was talented to actually make something.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful. I am into baby sweaters and blankets. Haven't made cowls yet.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love the color and you did a great job. I need to take knitting back up again.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Blog hopping - you are definitely one busy lady - I wish I learned how to knit but everyone gave up teaching me because I am left handed!

    ReplyDelete
  14. The color looks really good on you!

    Visiting today from the I LOVE MY POST hop.

    ReplyDelete
  15. love the cowl!! great choice in the color selection

    ReplyDelete
  16. Just here blog hopping and checking out your lovely blog, following on GFC, look forward to seeing you over at my blog next :)
    Angela x

    http://british-bargains-and-beauty.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  17. wow! great talent you have! I saw you at the hop along friday social and I am your newest follower in GFC from http://inhighheelsanddogtags.blogspot.jp/. Would love to see you in my blog :)

    ReplyDelete