Thursday, March 14, 2013

Sparkle Teal Knit Cowl

I knit this cowl for my cousin Carla. I took too long because now it's 80 degrees here in California and no sight of cold weather! My midterms and mini vacation to Las Vegas got in the way. Regardless, this is one of my favorite cowls that I have knitted. The yarn is gorgeous! It has metallic in it for a nice sparkle, and it isn't scratchy at all. The teal color is so vibrant. The photos don't show the color as bright as it really is.


The pattern I found for it is really pretty. I love lace patterns! I have knit this pattern before with a different yarn and modified the pattern for this teal cowl. The yarn I used on this teal cowl didn't knit up very high with one round of the pattern so I doubled it and changed the edging a little bit. I love it.


I'm going to be ordering more of this yarn in different colors so that I can make a bunch for my Etsy Store. I have this teal cowl listed as a "made to order" item so if you would like one in one of the colors offered I can knit one up! It takes me just a couple of days to knit.




9 comments:

  1. Hi, I am your new follower via Networked blog, from the blog hop. I love the cowl, it is lovely. I knit some, but my thing is crocheting, I like to work fast and with knitting I seem to loss count. Beautiful work.
    http://fitandbeyond40.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. So gorgeous!!! Love the color! Thanks so much for sharing.Would love to have you visit me sometime.
    Have a fabulous weekend!
    Hugs from Portugal,

    Ana Love Craft
    www.lovecraft2012.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is really pretty. My daughter is just learning how to knit. Visiting from Paula's blog hop.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very nice! Love the color!
    New follower via Friday Chaos Blog Hop! Please feel free to follow back. :)

    <3, Bethanne from Break my Wings, I have a broomstick too!
    Http://witchybitchymommy.blogspot.com
    or on Facebook
    https://www.facebook.com/pages/Break-my-wings-I-have-a-broomstick-too/239044069549564

    ReplyDelete
  5. So pretty in one of my favorite colors. Blessings, Patti

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I love the color too. I might make one just for me ha!

      Delete
  6. Hi! I'm visiting from Friendship Friday :-) I hope you'll also join me for my Friday Flash Blog on The Jenny Evolution (www.thejennyevolution.com). Happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful color. I need to check out your store. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you all for the visits and comment love :-)

    ReplyDelete