Wednesday, June 25, 2014

30 Day Running Challenge - Day 1

I've been running on and off for about a year now. I've had to take extended breaks due some lingering muscle weakness that I've *hopefully* resolved. Now that I'm feeling much stronger I'm going to work on building my endurance and my speed. I'm also going on vacation in about a month and I want to be in fantastic shape by the time I go because, hello, bikini season has arrived!

So, to help me get in better shape I'm starting a 30 day running challenge. My goal is to run at least 1 mile per day, every day, for 30 days in a row. That will cut into my vacation a little bit but I'll still be able to run while I'm away.

Today was day 1 and I ran 1.12 miles in about 9:27 which is an 8:28 pace, pretty fast for me. My screenshot unfortunately didn't grab the time but I promise, it was about 9:27!!


Obviously I want to increase my distance by the end of the 30 days, and my speed. My plan is to alternate days. Today was a "run a mile as fast as you can without passing out" day. Tomorrow will be a slower 2.5 maybe 3 miler. 3 days per week I'll run as fast as I can for as long as I can, minimum of 1 mile. 3 other days I'll run at a comfortable pace for as long as I can. The final day of each week I'll run fairly slow and it will be my longest run of the week.

My running partner (isn't she adorable?) can run for-freaking-ever so my other goal is run so far that she gets tired. Unlikely to happen but it's something to strive for!

I'm using MapMyRun and if you'd like to follow you can search for me by yahoo email - saramgarcia1986@yahoo.com

Do you have any goals you'd like to accomplish in 30 days? If so, share it! I'd love to hear about your progress and how you kept motivated because trust me, I'll need motivation.

No comments:

Post a Comment