Monday, June 9, 2014

Cross Stitch Scarf Pattern

I'm starting to feel more confident in creating new patterns. I started this scarf back in January and ended up putting it down about 1/4 of the way through since school started back up. With working full time and going to school full time I just couldn't find the time to finish any projects!

Now that school is out for the summer (insert sigh of relief) I finally sat down and finished this scarf.

As I was starting it I wasn't sure that I liked how it was knitting up. I felt like I had made it too wide and the yarn was just not the right choice. Now that I'm finished with it, I love it. I will try this same pattern with other weights of yarn though, I think that a lace yarn would be so luxurious!


I used Loops & Threads Impeccable for the scarf. A full skein created a nice 58 inches long scarf. It's about 8 inches wide too. Weirdly it doesn't feel very heavy.


I did make a pretty bad mistake though. When I had started it in January, I forgot to mark which row I was on when I set it down so when I came back to it a couple of weeks ago, I couldn't remember which row I needed to knit next. So, I did the smart thing and knit a row. Turns out I shouldn't have done that, but I don't think most people will notice. The scarf is just for me too so I don't mind wearing it with a small section of the pattern being backwards.


knitting pattern

Now that I'm finished, I'm going to start a new pattern, and also knit some cute baby beanies for a friend who is having a baby. This pattern is located in my Etsy Shop, on Ravelry and Craftsy if you're interested.

6 comments:

  1. Beautiful scarf, lovely color and stitch!
    Hope you have a wonderful day and week!
    Hugs from Portugal,
    Ana Love Craft
    www.lovecraft2012.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I hope you also have a wonderful day :)

      Delete
  2. You made a beautiful scarf and I love that stitch! I saw it on create with joy party!
    Julie at Julie's Lifestyle

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you so much Julie! I'm very happy with how it turned out and proud that I created it!

    Thank you for stopping by :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cute scarf - it turned out great. I have projects like that too that I started quite a while ago and I am now trying to finish - other projects have gotten in the way. Thanks for following my blog - I followed you back with bloglovin.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I't gorgeous, just stunning and would never know any mistake. You have a gift.

    ReplyDelete