Saturday, June 28, 2014

Day 4 of the 30 Day Running Challenge

Day 4! Today it was pretty hard to get out of bed and get my run done early. I had these grand plans to get up at 7am, drink a protein shake, stretch, get on the pavement by 7:30 and be done by 8:00, just in time to do an upper body workout on the jungle gym before the children swarmed it. Wishful thinking. I didn't get out of bed until 9, got on the road by 9:30 to run. When I was ready for my jungle gym workout there were hoards of kids playing on it.

But, I got my run in. A solid 2 miles without pain, but with a lot of soreness. It was also pretty slow going. Tomorrow I'm hoping to get 3 miles in at the same pace I ran today - 11ish minutes per mile. It's pretty freaking slow but as long as there is no pain, I'll take the turtle speed.


My legs are pretty sore today, shins specifically. The soreness went away about half a mile in so I just kept going. Right about 2 miles is when the soreness came back and I stopped so I can save some energy for a longer run tomorrow. Definitely going to ice and stretch today and hopefully tomorrow I'll be good as new!

Hershey got a lot of "aww" comments this morning. And really, she's freaking adorable with her bright pink flower and her perky ears. Her leash etiquette was horrible today. It was as if I had never trained her. She kept pulling ahead and trying to chase geese. Geese that are three times larger than her. She's got the small-dog complex and thinks she's much larger than she actually is.

Day 1 is here. Day 2 is here. Day 3 is here.

Did you go for a run today? Meet any goals you set?

No comments:

Post a Comment