Sunday, June 29, 2014

Day 5 of the 30 Day Running Challenge

Day 5! So far so good. I didn't end up running a longer run today like I had wanted. I convinced my hubby to run with me and my selling point was "short run" so we ran as fast as could with both dogs and stopped at a mile. It worked out perfectly!

The short distance today was probably a better idea anyway. I didn't have any pain during the run and I think if I had tried a longer run I'd be pretty sore, maybe in pain. Better for me to take it slow and not re-injure my shins!


My hubby ran with seasoned pro, Hershey, while I ran with newbie runner Bones. Bones is still a puppy so he has a lot of energy but he is not a distance runner at all. He's part pekingese, which are pretty low energy dogs in general. He really loves Hershey though so he tries to keep up with her, it's pretty adorable. It's also bath day so he's really going to be pooped the rest of the day from all of the excitement. Hershey won't be, she'll be her crazy energetic self all day long.

Day 1 is here. Day 2 is here. Day 3 is here. Day 4 is here.

Did you go for a run today? Meet any goals you set?

1 comment:

  1. Cute dogs! I am not a runner any more but I ride my bike a lot in the summer. I rode to the store today to get exercise since they are still working on my ceilings - one more day and hopefully they will be done!

    ReplyDelete