Monday, June 30, 2014

Day 6 of 30 Day Running Challenge

Day 6 today. It was 105 at 4:30pm when I went running. I know, what kind of crazy person goes running at 4fucking30pm when it's over 100 degrees outside? Me. I can't wait until it starts cooling down in the evening otherwise I'll lose my motivation and won't end up going. I've tried it. Trust me. At 5pm something hits me and I will absolutely not do a thing the rest of the night. My couch is too comfy and I kind of like watching the news and knitting.


Today I actually felt really good. No pain in my shins and not winded. I sweat a lot though. Like a lot a lot. And poor Hershey was pretty hot by the end. I almost didn't bring her with me since it's so hot outside. I took her out to test the ground and she was ready to go so I ran as far as she would go before she started slowing down. Then we walked the rest of the way home. I carried her a little bit of the way so her pads didn't get burnt from the asphalt. Luckily a lot of the route I took today was shady so the ground wasn't too warm for her most of the way. She's such a great running partner and of course got ANOTHER compliment today on how adorable she is. I don't think there will be a day that she doesn't get complimented.

Day 1 is here. Day 2 is here. Day 3 is here. Day 4 is here. Day 5 is here.

Did you go for a run today? Meet any goals you set?

No comments:

Post a Comment