Monday, June 23, 2014

FO - and Free Pattern! Eyelet Cowl in Hot Pink Sparkle

I posted about this cowl here last week and how great it was to have something easy to knit while zoning out in front of the tv. Well, that didn't last long. I was so excited about the pattern that I just had to finish it! Plus I love the gratification of finishing something I created from scratch, pattern and all.


knit pattern



The pattern itself is so easy, being a combination of knit, yarn over, and knit two together stitches. It knit up really quickly too, which was great and also not so great. Now I have to find another project to start to keep myself busy! I'm thinking of modifying this pattern and making a longer double wrap cowl with some lace-weight yarn. We'll see how that turns out.


knit pattern



I have the finished object listed on my Etsy shop for only $12.00 but for my lovely readers I have the pattern below for free!


knit pattern



Materials Needed: Approximately 100 yards (a little more than 1/2 of a skein) of Caron Simply Soft Party.
US 8 Circular Knitting Needles
Finished Scarf: Measures 6 1/2 inches tall and 26 inches circumference.
Gauge: Approximately 4.5 stitches per inch
Pattern: CO 120 stitches (multiples of 3), place marker and join to knit in the round.
R1 – Knit
R2 – *K2tog, YO, K1, repeat from *
R3 – Knit
R4 – *Yo, K1, K2tog, repeat from *
R5 - Knit
Repeat rows 2-5 until desired length. Bind off loosely.

4 comments:

  1. This is so beautiful..checked out your shop and all your creations are to die for. Crushing on the white one and oversized hat.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful! Thanks for sharing! I have a giveaway on my blog to celebrate my 500 followers if you like to participate have a look on http://lovecraft2012.blogspot.pt/2014/07/500-seguidores-oferta-500-folowers.html
    Have a fabulous day!
    Hugs from Portugal,
    Ana Love Craft
    www.lovecraft2012.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this scarf!!! hot pink is my fav color. adorable !!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank You I will try this simple Pattern , for the cowl ,...

    ReplyDelete