Monday, June 16, 2014

Sparkle Zig Zag Waffle Cowl Pattern

This pattern is one that I finished a while back before the spring semester started. I never got around to posting it though. It took me a long time to figure out what I wanted to knit with this yarn - Loops & Threads Payette. The yarn is so pretty and I'm a sucker for sparkly and shiny things so this had to be knit into something spectacular. I saw this stitch in one of my books of knitting stitches and thought I could convert it into a circular pattern. It didn't turn out how the original pattern was supposed to, but I love it anyway.

knitting pattern

It took me quite a long time to get it knitting. It is knit on US size 4 needles and with nearly 200 stitches per round, it was kind of a daunting task. But I powered through and ended up with one of my favorite cowls I've knitted.

What I really love most about it is that it can be worn long, double looped, pinned, etc. It's super warm too. The sequins are a bit scratchy sometimes but I got used to them after wearing the cowl a few times.


This pattern is my Etsy Shop, on Ravelry, and Craftsy if you're interested!

4 comments:

  1. Beautiful!!! Love the yarn and stitch!
    Hope you have a wonderful day!
    Hugs from Portugal,
    Ana Love Craft
    www.lovecraft2012.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!!! That means so much to me considering you are one of my favorite bloggers out there! <3

      Delete
  2. Stunning! I love the yarn and the pattern!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Jennifer! It is one of my favorites so far - I'm still new to designing my own patterns so I'm glad this one turned out nicely!

      Delete