Monday, June 16, 2014

WIP - Bright Pink Eyelet Cowl

I definitely need a better name for this WIP cowl. Yes it's pink, and yes it's an eyelet pattern, but that is such a boring name!! Hopefully I can come up with a more creative name by the time I finish it because the cowl isn't boring, so it can't have a boring name. I really like how it's turning out. It's not too structured and not super flimsy at the same time. I think it's going to look really nice and fit well. I really love that the yarn has a nice sparkle to it - I love sparkly things!

knitting pattern

This yarn works really well for the pattern which is just a combination of knit, y2tog, and yo stitches. It's really simple and fun to work on. I can just pick it up and watch tv or a movie and not have to concentrate really hard on what I'm doing. It's not at all like the Lily of the Valley scarf I'm working on, which takes nearly all of my concentration!

knitting pattern

The eyelet cowl is knitting up pretty quickly. I've been knitting it off and on for the past couple of weeks when I don't feel like working on my other projects. The good thing is I don't have any projects with deadlines other than trying to get another baby beanie completed before August so I can work as slowly as I want on this. I might just finish it so I get that gratification of finishing another project, and so I can get a draft of the pattern complete, though. That way I can start another project!

knitting pattern

8 comments:

  1. Wonderful color! Lovely stitch too! Thanks for sharing! Would love to have you visit my blog sometime :)
    Hope you have a wonderful week!
    Hugs from Portugal,
    Ana Love Craft
    www.lovecraft2012.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Ana! I am an avid reader of your blog - you have such great projects! I also really love that you have spanish and english versions so I can attempt to keep my spanish language skills at a decent level :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pink. Eyelet. Hmm. How about calling it Pink Eye? Ha. Only kidding. It's very pretty. Anyway, I found your blog through the WLC Blog Follows on the World Literary Cafe. Happy to connect with you.

    World of C. D. Verhoff
    cdverhoff.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL! Pinkeye would definitely be attention grabbing haha. Thank you for stopping by from the hop :)

      Delete
  4. I can crochet, but knitting... nope, can't say I ever tried it. I wish I could though. I just don't understand knitting talk or crochet talk for that matter. Knit one, pearl too??? Pearl? Pearls are white balls that I wear around my neck! HELLO? sigh~ I just watch and learn that's my motto.. Have a great weekend. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I feel the exact same way only about crocheting! I tried picking it up a couple of years ago but just couldn't get the hang of it. Maybe one day I'll try it again but for now I'm sticking with knitting hehe. Weirdly, my sister can both knit and crochet - clearly she's an overachiever ;)

      Delete
  5. I love the color, I have never knitted, would be nice in the fall.. Thanks for stopping by and sharing your blog!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I quite love pink - any shade of it and I love it. I'm pretty partial to bold pinks and pinks with sparkles. Thank you for stopping by :)

      Delete