Monday, June 30, 2014

WIP - Lily of the Valley Scarf

I am so proud of this WIP and I only have about 3 inches of my very long scarf complete. I had purchased the Alpaca with a Twist Fino in royal velvet for a knitting pattern that I got through Vogue knitting.

knitting yarn

Me being the detail-oriented person I am, wound up my ball of yarn before reading the pattern, which calls for double knitting. Alas, my single ball of yarn would not do, and I was not about to unwind, then rewind more than 800 yards worth of yarn. So I set out to find a pattern that would do this gorgeous yarn justice. I looked through my stitch library and found the lily of the valley pattern and knew that was it.

knitting yarn


This pattern is going to take a while to knit, just doing this small patch has taken me a few hours. I try to work on it a little bit each day but I have no deadline to meet with this so I'm taking my time. It's knit on US size 3 needles and I have a CO of 56. The yarn can piece when knitting if I knit too tightly so I'm having to learn to loosen up my knitting a bit. I usually prefer knitting with bulkier weight yarn since it knits up quickly. I like the gratification of finishing a project quickly so I'm learning patience with this project. Something I need!

knitting yarn

When I'm all finished I might gift it to my mom or sister for Christmas if I want to part with it, but it will probably just be added to my massive scarf and cowl collection. Soon I'll have one for every day of the year!

1 comment: