Sunday, July 6, 2014

Day 12 of 30 Day Running Challenge

When I got up to do my run this morning I thought I was going to get 2 miles or more since I was feeling great and the weather was just right. Unfortunately, Bones had other plans. He wasn't feeling up to running fast and when I'd get to a comfortable speed for me he would just stop and lay down in the middle of the path. This happened a few times before I figured out that he wanted to run slower. I slowed down but then a strange man appeared ahead of us yelling about something to no one in particular (don't do drugs people). He terrified Bones who refused to go a step further towards this person. So we turned around and came home.


I think Bones may have done me a favor though. Since my legs have been so sore the past couple of days it would have been a bad idea to try to push 2 or more miles out of them today. Even though they felt great today I think an easy run is going to help in the long term. Tomorrow is a new day and we'll see how everything is feeling. It's supposed to be in the 100's temperature-wise so I may be running alone tomorrow, which will be good since I can run at my speed and my distance without worrying about my little furry babies.

Day 1 is here. Day 2 is hereDay 3 is hereDay 4 is hereDay 5 is here. Day 6 is here. Day 7 is here. Day 8 is here. Day 9 is here. Day 10 is here. Day 11 is here.

Did you go for a run today? Meet any goals you set?

No comments:

Post a Comment