Tuesday, December 30, 2014

Long Overdue Update and a Knitting Pattern!

What a semester it's been!

To catch everyone up, I ended up injuring my knee on day 22 of 30 of my running challenge and ended up having to take 8 weeks off. Since then I've still had pain in my knee so my running is limited to one day per week and only one mile at a time for now until I build up strength and stop having pain. I miss running and it's been hard to find other activities to do that don't put stress on my knee and that I enjoy. I hate biking so that is out. To be fair, I tried it for a couple of weeks and found zero enjoyment out of it.

The school semester started in August and kept me pretty busy. Working full time and going to school took up just about all of my time and this spring semester is shaping up to be even more time consuming. But, the finish line is in sight! If all goes according to plan and I get all the classes I need in Spring and Fall, I should be graduating in Fall!


The holidays snuck up on me and I didn't have time to knit anyone anything. I was planning on knitting my dad another beanie. I started and finished it this week since I am off of work. It turned out pretty good, I think he'll like it. I also got some nice Malabrigo Twist yarn that I made into a beanie. I am in love with this yarn. It was great to knit with, soft and didn't separate when I had to froggy it a couple of times. The beanie I made is so comfy. The pattern is up on my Etsy, Ravelry, and Craftsy stores.



I have one more skein of this yarn and am not sure what to make with it. Obviously something I can wear all the time since the yarn is so soft and comfortable. Maybe some fingerless gloves? Ideas are welcome :)


Did you have a nice holiday? Any plans for New Year's Eve?

4 comments:

  1. This beanie is beautiful! I got the crocheting thing down, but I really need to pick up some knitting skills. Added to my Treasuried Items list on Etsy.
    I would love for you to share this at our Yarn Fanatic Link Party - http://eyeloveknots.blogspot.com/2015/01/yarn-fanatic-linky-party-19.html.

    Alexandra
    EyeLoveKnots.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely hat! I love the pattern and color!
    Have a great day!
    Hugs and love from Portugal,
    Ana Love Craft
    www.lovecraft2012.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great job on the hat - I love making hats so I'm always looking for new patterns. Isn't Malabrigo dreamy?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great hat! It looks super comfy and wonderful!

    Lol, after crocheting for almost 20 years I finally picked up knitting needles last year. Now I love both crafts! :-)

    Thanks so much for sharing at the Yarn Fanatic Party! I hope to "see" you there again!

    ReplyDelete